Services Client Manager - Services Sales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for selling CA Services and Education directly to our customers and working CA Sales, Services Practices teams and the GEO Delivery owners within assigned accounts or territory, making sure the work sold can be profitable and delivered to a high standard. This will specifically be working with the Application Management Services Division (AMS) being a true evangelist of for CA Services.
- Drive Services and Education sales efforts within assigned accounts or territory and act as the single point of contact for all Services opportunities and issues across all practices in supported accounts.
- Engage with the product Sales team to create and execute on a business plan to optimize the install base with the customer, cultivate expand opportunities, and plan appropriate coverage model to support that business and/or alignment to sales campaigns.
- Ensure profitable and successful engagement completion by focusing selling well defined outcome based projects.
- Ensure high Services NPS scores by focusing on delivering high quality Service projects.
- Oversee a portfolio of projects and opportunities within assigned clients along with well-developed leadership qualities enabling coordination and mentoring of matrixed staff.
- Interact and effectively communicate the state of the customer account and future business opportunities through executive briefings to the client's senior level management team.
- Collaborate closely with assigned SMEs including Architect, Consultant, TSO, and Global Practice team to align delivery approach to business sales ensuring strong continuation from sales to delivery.
- Collaborate with the Resource Management team to appropriately staff each project.
- Adhere to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training available at LMS.
The Services Client Manager will spend approximately 50-75% of available time on creating new business pipeline and selling activities, developing a trusted relationship with the client, Sales Management and account team, positioning Services during the product sales process and driving Services transactions independent of the product deals. The Services Client Manager will achieve this by:
- Actively maintaining and developing collaborative relationships with the area business unit sales group.
- Responsible for creating high quality proposals for all assigned accounts or territories.
- Knowing and adhering to the CA sales methodology, using the available systems and tools.
- Providing solution best practice and content leadership during the opportunity life cycle.
- Participating and actively working with the Global Practice to provide ongoing feedback.
- Engaging directly and indirectly to provide RFP, RFR and ITT input as required.
- Assisting the delivery team with content and delivery leadership by contributing and building proposals and proposal content for new or existing engagements.
- Communicating regularly and directly with delivery teams in order to maintain opportunity momentum.
- Where needed, providing opportunity feedback to Practice or Delivery management on opportunities being worked on.
- Sharing experiences with the team and assisting in developing others to become competent and solution delivery leaders.
The Services Client Manager will spend approximately 25-50% of available time making sure what they have sold is being delivered as a high quality and profitable service engagement.The Services Client Manager will achieve this by:
- Assembling and leading technical teams to ensure delivery of high quality client solutions within agreed scope and committed timeframes.
- Identifying and understanding client/business needs, documenting those needs and managing the end to end engagement so CA services will successfully deliver against the expectations set.
- Being responsible for forecasting and project issues resolution for assigned accounts/territory.
- Providing hands-on support to the project team translating the context of the client requirements to that of the scope of work.
- Responding to Services-related, delivery escalations.
- Driving Services- related executive steering committees and related deliverables.
- Defining and managing overall project risks and taking proactive, corrective action to mitigate those risks.
- Driving continuous improvement of project processes, templates, best practices, etc.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
Typically 10 or more years of related professional services sales. Previous experience and track record of successfully developing and selling large multi-million dollar complex global projects.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to sell services within a sales process.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sound judgment to any situation and negotiate the best outcome for all involved parties.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally with project team, CA Services management and customers.
- Must possess advanced technical awareness of project solutions.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Within first 90 days must achieve CA solution training as agreed to by your Manager.
- Must maintain updated training as required annually
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top