Services Architect - Test Data Management
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Our Services Architects (SAs) play a critical role in the delivery of our services engagements. SAs must be able to assess client’s current challenges and requirements in the areas of Application Release Automation and Continuous Delivery, prescribe the right solution to enable those requirements leveraging Test Data Management technology (Grid Tools) and other related solutions, architect the solution to meet the client’s needs, and assist with the implementation.
We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we’re changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That’s why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It’s also why you’ll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA Technologies and build the career you can.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Ability to accurately and efficiently architect and implement products of chosen expertise as a single Business Unit multi-product solution and/or a cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solution within the client environment through utilizing CA Services Best Practices.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by designing, scoping, assessing and delivering solutions that address the client’s business requirements and are within the ‘‘Scope of Work’‘ as agreed to by CA and Customer.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical integrated solution implementation issues for solutions of chosen expertise.
- As a project technical team lead contribute product and solution expertise, and provide project planning support as required to deliver a successful client engagement.
- Adhere to Time and Expense Policy as posted on QMS.
- Meet target Billable Utilization objective as defined for this role.
- Serve as a mentor to Consultants and Architects who are actively engaged as part of the project team on assigned client engagements.
- Demonstrate a commanding ability to assess the client’s current infrastructure, business requirements and planned budget to effectively position a complete CA solution that adheres to CA Services Best Practices.
- Help build the knowledge base in the communities in which you choose to participate in – including lessons learned, best practices, tools, and methods and learning events using SharePoint as the enabling technology.
- Adhere to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available at LMS.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, Leadership qualities and the passion for Application Delivery. They will be focused, motivated and customer centric. An ideal background will include:
- Qualified candidates must have prior consulting experience, preferably playing a diverse set of roles (e.g. Technical Consultant, Engineer, Architect)
- Solid understanding of SDLC process across all phases. Working experience in SDLC concepts like Agile/Scrum and waterfall methodologies, and source control and code review processes.
- Proficient in SQL and problem solving demonstrated by past experience as DBE or ETL Developer or BI Tester or Data Migration Tester or Test Data Engineer
- Experience with the following
- Ability to read and decipher information from Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Knowledge of various platforms and file formats – Mainframe, distributed, etc.
- Working knowledge of several relational databases e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Thorough understanding of database concepts like tables, views, constraints, sequences, joins, triggers, procedures and functions
- Ability to write SQL
- ETL experience working with a variety of data stores and platforms is a plus
- Knowledge and ability to discover, analyze and understand underlying database model of a given software application
- Ability to understand business requirements and identify test data needed to test application against them
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Passion to learn business logic and need behind different applications, test scenarios and test data requirements
- Good understanding of test data management concepts such as data masking, sub-setting and synthetic creation
- Theoretical and/or practical understanding of test data optimization algorithms such as All-Pairs and orthogonal arrays
- Working knowledge of one or more test data management solutions
- Working knowledge of Test Data Management tools CA TDM, IBM Optim, etc
- Experience eliciting, identifying and documenting requirements with clients; Strong verbal, written communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills are required.
- Business travel will be limited as this will be a centralized role located in the Plano, TX office.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top