Senior Software Engineer - Automation Testing - SaaS
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.Senior Software Engineer - Automation QA Engineer with SaaS:
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit httphttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
Come innovate with us at CA Technologies in Vancouver!
You are a pro in developing modern software systems from end to end, and have a passion for ensuring quality throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle and creating the tools required to ensure quality within the process.
The successful candidate has at least 5 years of software development experience in a formal team environment, with 2 years of experience focused on QA automation systems and tools. You may even have performed a mix of manual and automation-based product testing yourself, but certainly you have provided the tools, environments and processes for professional QA/Tester to perform the tests. You also have been involved in the organizational QA process at a senior level, and may have led small teams of developers and QA to support product releases. You are comfortable independently creating documentation for internal and external audiences, completing third party software installation/configuration and server setup/configuration as required, and mentoring junior developers and QA Analysts.
You thrive in an agile environment, helping defining the best release and testing processes, building reliable and easy-to-use developer and QA tools, and enjoy owning tasks from "cradle to grave".
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Participate in all aspects of design, develop, implement, testing and operating a set of QA automation tools used for an enterprise level product. This includes participation in Agile grooming and planning meetings.
- Help and guide QA testers to design, develop, maintain and refactor a growing suite of automated test cases, compatible with the automation tools.
- Assist leads and management in defining and molding, promoting and supporting overall QA process.
- Actively contribute to growing knowledge base for our product, and interface with external teams as required.
- Participate in certifications or standards audits, or externally facing projects as required for your product.
- Produce documentation for internal and external audiences as required
- Assist in mentoring and training of new staff as required.
How you'll Stand Out:
- 5+ years' experience in a formal software development environment, with a solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle and Methodologies
- 4+ years' experience with QA automation tools such as FitNesse, Cucumber, TestNG, Selenium (WebDriver), or comparable
- Expert in Java7/8, JEE, Spring and modern micro-service Java stacks, as well as JUnit, JMeter or other testing technologies
- Expert level command of HTML4/5, HTTP/S, XML, CSS, JSON and REST APIs
- Must have Strong experience in Deployment -
- Must have experience CI/CD Tools like Jenkin/Maven/ANT/Gradle & Chef/Puppet.
- Strong hands-on experience with SaaS, Cloud computing technologies, Amazon Web Services, EC2 or comparable - Good to have
- Strong virtualization background using VMware ESXi and Workstation both locally and in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer and experience testing web-based enterprise products
- Solid understanding of client-server application
- Strong application design and development skills
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, disciplined and detail oriented
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top