Senior Scrum Master
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
At CA Technologies, we live and breathe agile. It’s our mission and it’s our passion. As such, we are looking for a capable and effective Scrum Master to join our team. At its core, the Scrum Master is a servant leader who facilitates and supports our Agile teams in delivering high value solutions to our customers. In this role, you will facilitate our cross-functional teams in all aspects of our agile process including team based ceremonies such as sprint planning, demos, retros, and the daily standup. In addition, you’ll support program level ceremonies such as quarterly release planning, release retros, and the SoS. You’ll be an integral member of our agile teams, an expert in Agile and Scrum, and you’ll own and remove blockers for your team to help ensure the team is able to meet commitments.
This Scrum Master can be based in our Denver or Boulder, CO office.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings including Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Remove impediments for teams
- Maintain transparency into the team’s work through metrics
- Be a servant leader to each team member and support the removal of blockers
- Engage multiple roles and stakeholders in critical discussions and consensus building
- Coach and support continuous improvement within the team
- Coach and train teams on Agile practices and values
- Help identify and mitigate any external dependency risks in feature/product development
- Coordinate with other Scrum Masters and their teams on deliverables
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization
- A minimum of 2+ year experience as a full-time Scrum Master
- A thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) a plus
- Experience working in an environment utilizing current and leading edge technologies (e.g. SaaS, Enterprise Web Applications, etc.) preferred
- Experience working with leading edge engineering practices (e.g. DevOps, CI / CD, automation)
- Experience in a Scaled Agile environment a plus.
- BS in Engineering or related discipline strongly desired
Skills of a Great Scrum Master:
Servant leader – Empowers the team & is willing to get their hands on to get things done
Communicative and social – Communicates effectively and respectfully with teams
Facilitative – Leads & demonstrates value-add principles to a team while keeping things moving in the right direction and creating actionable outcomes
Assertive – Ensures Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and Agile expertise
Situationally aware – First to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them
Enthusiastic – Passionate and high-energy
Continual improvement – Continually growing; learning new tools and techniques
Conflict resolution – Able to facilitate discussions and exploration of alternatives
Attitude of empowerment -Able to lead a team to self-organization and to help them make the tough calls through consensus-driven decision making
Attitude of transparency – Brings disclosure & transparency to the business, fostering trust
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top