Senior SaaS Platform Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is looking for a Senior Engineer to help with the implementation of a new SaaS platform that will be used by CA SaaS software developers to bring new CA SaaS products to market. This role includes building, testing, running, and the quality of software services, utilities, and tools as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development to enable CA SaaS developers to easily build, test, deploy, run, and monitor their SaaS products and services.
Because we are an Agile company you won’t be working in a silo. We need you to have good experience in software engineering and system administration. We don’t expect anyone to know everything, we just need people who are quick studies that aren’t afraid to jump in with both feet and learn by doing.
An entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well at CA Technologies. Does this sound like a challenge you’re ready for?
A Bit About Us:
We collaborate constantly. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code, automated testing, and scaling all the time. We take walks, sample the kegs, and play games to give our brains a break. We use our own products to manage our work and stay agile. We’re always getting better.
Some of the reasons our engineers love it here:
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- No role or tech ruts: Expand your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack or specialize in an area of interest to you. Change teams when you need some new scenery.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
- Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better – the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location: With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
- Responsible for implementing a new CA SaaS Platform for the following areas:
- Automating Docker container orchestration, lifecycle management, and monitoring
- CI/CD pipeline tooling
- Microservice templates
- Docker based ephemeral test and staging environments
- Partner with developers, architects and the business to optimize the integration and delivery of existing and new services.
- Enable autonomy in development teams through the creation and delivery of valuable self-service and automation capabilities.
- Pair with other engineers to promote skills enhancement and knowledge sharing.
- Research and share the latest innovations in automation and virtualized infrastructure.
- Make Independent decisions without always needing your manager.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience implementing and testing large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems.
- Linux experience in a highly-available production environment with good scripting skills.
- Experience with SaaS best practices such as multi-tenancy and zero downtime deployments.
- Experience with DevOps best practices such as continuous delivery and observability.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or Mesos. Experience with Red Hat’s OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker registries.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Knowledgeable about virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka is a plus.
- SOA and/or microservice design and implementation experience.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
- Some experience with training, mentoring and influencing other technologists.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top