Senior Product Owner
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
CA Technologies is looking to hire a Sr. Product Owner to join an energetic and rapidly growing team. This individual will work on Mobile API products and coordinate Agile development activities.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Acting as a Product Owner for Scrum teams
- Defining & documenting requirements, features and functionality, working with cross functional teams (Product, Backend, Mobile, Automation) to refine requirements, actively groom the backlog working closely with engineering team
- Managing products through the product development lifecycle
- Leading in-house teams using Agile Scrum methodology drafting business requirements, prioritizing features, authoring user stories and acceptance criteria, and collaborating with Scrum team members to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
- Prioritizing projects within engineering, tracking product development, and developing product launch plans.
How You’ll Stand Out
The ideal candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. The right individual will be highly technical and will have previous experience as a Product Owner and/or Business Analyst. An ideal background will include:
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner and/or Business Analyst
- A proven track record of project delivery for large, cross functional software projects
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Additional Desired Skills:
- A background working with Mobile Applications and Mobile Frameworks (iOS, Android, Parse SDK)
- Security domain knowledge including security standards, protocols and algorithms (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Cryptography)
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top