Senior Database Administrator - Oracle DBA
="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Senior Database Administrator you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of corporate databases and for effectively utilizing database methodologies, utilities, and tools. Maintain security and integrity controls. Monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Work on problems of moderate scope and uses standard practices and procedures as a guideline for analyzing situations or data.
- Take a pride in developing database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application, including stored/remote procedure calls.
- Code complex programs and derive logical processes on technical platforms. Determine how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- Participate in quality assurance and application performance testing efforts.
- Have a passion for installing database management systems. Monitor file system space database allocation.
- Verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid out of space conditions.
- During times of emergencies, outages and project planned work; employees are expected to be on call and available until the event is addressed. During system conversions, extra effort may be required in order to ensure the roll out of the system is successful.
- The position will include a shift working model with occasional work during the weekend in a rotation.
- At least 5+ years of experience as Oracle DBA including at least 2 years in a corporate product environment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Oracle Database systems.
- Possess excellent communication skills of English.
- Experience in Oracle Administration tools like RMAN, Datapump, OEM is nice to have.
- Good understanding of networking and system concepts is an advantage.
- A desired candidate is keeping professional development continuous and broadening his/her technical capabilities.
- Strong analytical and solution development skills.
- Typically possess Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science. Master's degree or global equivalent is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top