Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come innovate with us at CA Technologies in Vancouver!
The Security Architect will assume security ownership of several products in the CA API Management product suite. This involves ongoing design-time evaluation, development, analysis, and response in regards to known and emerging threats. The candidate will work in a technical capacity both independently and in collaboration with the wider engineering team.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit httphttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Advise and guide other teams to ensure the development of secure software and products throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Review and evaluate products in light of emerging threats (e.g. CVEs) and evolving security requirements from customers.
- Consult with application development teams to understand and define security requirements.
- Assist teams during feature and product design with logical architectural and design models for security.
- Advise teams during system development to ensure compliance with security policies, guidelines, standards, controls, and governance.
- Assess security aspects of feature implementation and quality in product releases.
- Participate in work groups for subject matter experts for security standards and principles.
- Provide general subject matter expertise on various aspects of software security.
How you'll Stand Out:
- Strong understanding of software security and security principles.
- API security and related technologies such as OAuth and OpenID.
- PKI and cryptography in general (including symmetric and asymmetric).
- Identity and access management.
- Enterprise Java applications and mobile application security.
- Hardware security modules (HSMs).
- Cloud deployment and container technologies.
- Hardening virtual appliances and containers – e.g. AMI, VM, Docker, Kubernetes
- Regulation and standards compliance – e.g. FIPS and Common Criteria.
- Security code reviews, code analysis, and vulnerability testing with tools – e.g. IBM AppScan, Nexpose, HP Fortify, and AlertLogic.
- WS-Security – e.g. SAML, Kerberos, X.509
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top