CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
Software QA Engineer – Test Automation-UI & Web Services
This position is responsible for verification that the product is implemented to the stated requirements and validation that the product functions as designed. Design, build and execute functional and customer use case focused tests that verify the accuracy and reliability of assigned products meet stated requirements.
Skills: Strong Coding experience in Core Java, Collections, Data structures, Development of test cases, Test Automation using Selenium Web driver, Test NG framework, UI Automation, API Testing using Web services like Rest/Soap
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Complete all scheduled tasks on time
- Develop customer focused test plans
- Set-up and maintain testing environments
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Record issues into a defect-tracking system
- Follow-up and close issues entered into the defect-tracking system
- Escalate issues to a higher level where issue resolution is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time
- Provide information to technical documentation (i.e. Product Release Notes/Readme files)
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Work with development team to understand assigned modules/new product features for the purpose of developing test cases
- Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, operating systems, automated testing tools, etc. in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Assume a QA project or team leader position within the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
Typically 2 or more years of experience in a related role. Ideally the experience is across multiple products and/or computer environments.
- Ability to understand customer requirement and come up with test scenarios, write test cases.
- Good in manual and automation testing(Since inception till automation completetion)
- Has good written and oral communication skills.
- Hands on in core java
- Ability to write selenium test cases
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with tools like ALM, any of the bug tracking tools(JIRA,Rally,RTC),etc
- Knows to do environments set up – installing the application/database/doing configuration set up,etc
- Should be a good team player/Culture fit
- Can work independently.
- Familiar with agile process
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top