Sales Order Administrator
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselvesJob Overview
- New Contract Processing
- Order processing
- Database Administration
- Supporting Sales Accounting, Finance, Legal and Business Development
- Research, review and process new business contracts, ensuring all four revenue recognition criteria have been satisfied
- Administer all aspects of maintenance contracts – both automatic renewals as well as contracted renewals negotiated and submitted by CA’s maintenance sales team
- Add non-revenue generating ($0) contracts to SAP for Licensing/Support purposes as requested by various sources
- Review and ensure accurate billings for different invoice processing through out the month
- Provide Pre and Post Sales support to NA Sales Organization
- Ensure integrity of customer information for software licensing and support purposes
- Gather and validate existence of appropriate approvals in accordance with CA’s documented policies
- Request (or Enter) all necessary changes to the information in SAP as delegated/authorized. Examples may include – contract cancels, invoice credits and customer contact information updates
- Coordinate worldwide 3rd party software fulfillment
- Place software orders for existing customers
- Heavily involved in acquisitions/divestitures from an administrative perspective – data, system and file integration
- Maintain Contracts Library and secure storage of Contract documentation
- Assist in training of new hires on business applications and procedures
- Maintain written procedures and process
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. An intermediate level professional role. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Handle straightforward problems that occur in everyday work, refer more complex problems or decisions to management
- Make routine decisions within established guidelines
- Provide input toward new processes and procedures
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting.
- Job demands may require long periods of computer work.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
Typically 2 or more years in an office environment, preferably in a finance or business related role. General knowledge of software contracting. Ability to read and analyze contracts
Skills & Competencies
- Detail Oriented
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to take ownership
- Self motivated professional
- Ability to Multi-Task while adhering to various departmental deadlines
- Work extended hours when necessary
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge a plus
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly
Back to top