Sales Accounting Analyst
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
The North America Sales Accounting organization is focused on supporting the Sales process through Contracts, Billings and Management Reporting. Our primary objective is to resolve all inquiries and requests expeditiously, completely and accurately, to enhance client relationships and to produce quality work
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry.
This position is responsible for one or more of the following:
- New Contract Processing
- Billings for Maintenance Renewals – both automatic as well as contracted
- Order processing
- Database Administration
- Project management supporting Sales Accounting, Finance, Legal and Business Development
May include any one or more of the following:
- Research, review and process new business contracts, ensuring all four revenue recognition criteria have been satisfied
- Administer all aspects of maintenance contracts – both automatic renewals as well as contracted renewals negotiated and submitted by CA’s maintenance sales team
- Add non-revenue generating ($0) contracts to SAP for Licensing/Support purposes as requested by various sources
- Review and ensure accurate billings for different invoice processing throughout the month
- Provide Pre and Post-Sales support to NA Sales Organization
- Ensure integrity of customer information for software licensing and support purposes
- Gather and validate existence of appropriate approvals in accordance with CA’s documented policies
- Request (or Enter) all necessary changes to the information in SAP as delegated/authorized. Examples may include – contract cancels, invoice credits and customer contact information updates
- Coordinate worldwide 3rd party software fulfillment
- Place software orders for existing customers
- Heavily involved in acquisitions/divestitures from an administrative perspective – data, system and file integration
- Maintain Contracts Library and secure storage of Contract documentation
- Assist in training of new hires on business applications and procedures
- Maintain written procedures and process
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail-oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Typically 2 or more years in an office environment, preferably in a finance or business related role. General knowledge of software contracting. Ability to read and analyze contracts
- Detail Oriented
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to take ownership
- Self-motivated professional
- Ability to Multi-Task while adhering to various departmental deadlines
- Work extended hours when necessary
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge a plus
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top