Program Director - Customer Advocate Program
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Program Director for our EMEA Customer Advocate Program to be based in our Prague office.
About the Role
This position is responsible for the coordinated management of interdependent and extremely complex projects over a finite period of time in order to achieve a set of business goals. This position is tactical in nature.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage all aspects of large, multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is closely aligned to and directly supports the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives in a professional and successful way.
- Manage a portfolio of the most complex initiatives that span multiple lines of business and strategic partners.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Ensure consistent use of common processes across all projects.
- Ensure the work effort remains feasible from a business standpoint.
- Has both business and technical focus. Ensure the program is successful in both aspects.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Keep management and/or Program Vice President informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Ensure that the program goals/milestones are met and budgets are in accordance with financial goals.
- Manage complex resources indirectly as part of a cross-functional team that is required to complete a project.
- Analyze current state and design of future state processes.
- Develop and define a structure and operating model for the program.
- Establish and track success criteria and metrics for the program.
- Act as internal quality control check for all /projects to ensure they meet client requirements.
- Mentor team members, motive team to success and give recognition for results.
- Act as a subject matter expert on various areas and an advocate in adopting new best practices and processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and leads implementation of changes.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
Typically 10 or more years of related professional project management experience plus 4 or more years of professional program management experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Broad range of program management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence customers, (internal and external) and other managers.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, estimating, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating and budgeting and control using program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage communications during complex program environment through communication planning, information distribution and performance reporting using formal program management practices.
- Proven ability to manage programs across global centers.
- Ability to effectively manage program risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent quantitative analysis and experience working with database products, along with product or project management experience.
- Expertise in research methods and process improvement, experience using interactive web-based systems, and the ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals are required.
- Strong communication skills are a must – including writing and presenting skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or global equivalent (i.e. PRINCE2) is required. Program Management Certification (PgMP) or global equivalent is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top