Product Owner - Networking Products
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you an experienced Product Owner? Do you enjoy working directly with customers to understand their challenges? Do you want to have a measurable impact on a $1B product portfolio?
We are hiring for our Lifecycle Management Team that is focused on dramatically increasing the value our customers realize from their existing investments. Ensuring our customers are using the latest release, capabilities and features of our products will ensure our competitiveness, renewals rates, and financial measures while reducing customer attrition. Our goal is to ensure our products are easily upgradable with minimal services, issues and complexity so that our customers realize the increasing value of our solutions through full adoption.
This Product Owner opening in Portsmouth, NH (or Framingham, MA) will support our Infrastructure Management business unit so we are specifically looking for candidates with experience in the Network Management domain.
The Lifecycle Management PO serves as the customer voice to the Agile development teams. Working as part of the Product Management team, they will own, define and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
This role is a fully qualified Product Owner who can work independently, guiding 1-2 Agile Teams to deliver value around upgrades and on-premise to SaaS migrations.
Product Ownership and Roadmap
- Assist the extended Product Management team in support of the overall Product Management discipline for a Release Train.
- Support continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
- Build customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with Customers and users.
- Drive customer validation and acceptance criteria for each release and migration
Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Prepare for PI Planning by representing our install base and their requirements
- Actively participate in the PI Planning process, including:
- Work in close partnership with assigned Agile Teams, providing business and customer context to the planning activities.
- Lead the definition of User Stories and Story Acceptance Criteria in partnership with the Agile Team.
- Work with team to define the definition of ready/done.
- Lead User Story prioritization.
- Support the Agile team in the process of Story sequencing, sprint loading and estimation activities.
- Draft the Agile Team Program Increment objectives/project charter.
- Lead the on-going refinement of the Team Backlog, including:
- Adding new stories or removing stories no longer applicable to the release.
- Story Prioritization.
- Sizing of stories.
- Coordinate content dependencies with other teams.
- Actively support the Agile Team during iteration planning including:
- Lead story refinement and elaboration, ensuring stories are clear, unambiguous, and ready for the team to work on.
- Own definition of story acceptance criteria.
- Accept the final iteration plan during the iteration planning meeting.
Program Increment Execution
- Attend Agile Team ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups or Retrospectives as needed.
- Actively manage impediments raised by the team that may impact velocity, quality, or value.
- Actively participate in the Team Demo, including:
- Facilitating the system demo.
- Actively engage customers in the demos to get actionable feedback on the value delivered during each iteration.
- Accept stories into the backlog, including validation that the story meets its acceptance criteria and definition of done.
- Participate in and contribute to the Retrospectives/Inspect and Adapt sessions.
Skills & Competencies:
- Market Knowledge
- Understanding of overall market and segments, and the impact of changing market conditions and forces.
- Understanding of Competitor products and alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of emerging disruptive business and technology trends and unmet needs.
- Customer Centricity
- Strong empathy for customer needs and expectations.
- Understands how to communicate customer needs and expectations to various internal stakeholders; owns the voice of the customer.
- Understanding of the sales process, customer personas, and the customer journey.
- Understanding of continuous and customer-centric validation techniques.
- Concept and Product Development
- Ability to communicate the product vision to help drive the product team towards value.
- Acts as the content authority for the team backlog; is respected and demonstrates servant leadership in driving the feature vision.
- Validates early and often with customers, prospects, and industry experts.
- Technical Competency
- Working Technology and Solution Domain knowledge.
- Able to serve as a critical voice in the decision process and the leadership of the product.
- Exchanges product and technical ideas with the product team.
Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top