Product Owner (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Product Owner serves as the customer proxy to the Agile team. Working as part of the Product Management team, they will own, define, and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
This position will typically be supported by more senior Product Owners in fulfilling their responsibilities, and will increasingly work independently as they gain competence, guiding an Agile Team to deliver value.
- Assist in continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
- Assist in building customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with Customers and users.
- Understand and act in accordance with the principles behind the Agile Manifesto.
Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Assist in Program Increment (PI) Planning, including:
- Support preparation of presentation materials critical to the PI planning process.
- Actively participate in the PI Planning process, including:
- Work in close partnership with assigned Agile Team, providing business and customer context to the planning activities.
- Lead the definition of User Stories and Story Acceptance Criteria in partnership with the Agile Team.
- Work with the team to define the definition of ready/done.
- Lead User Story prioritization.
- Draft the Agile Team Program Increment objectives/project charter.
- Lead the on-going refinement of the Team Backlog, including:
- Story Prioritization
- Sizing of stories
- Actively support the Agile Team during iteration planning, including:
- Lead story refinement and elaboration, ensuring stories are clear, unambiguous, and ready for the team to work on.
- Own definition of story acceptance criteria.
- Accept the final iteration plan during the iteration planning meeting.
- Own and communicate the definition of the Sprint Goals on behalf of the Agile Team.
Program Increment Execution
- Attend Agile Team ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups or Retrospectives as needed.
- Support the Team Demo, including:
- Facilitating a part of the system demo.
- Accept stories into the backlog, including validation that the story meets its acceptance criteria and definition of done.
- Participate in and contribute to the Retrospectives/Inspect and Adapt sessions.
Typically 3 to 6 years in an industry related role. Will typically have worked in product development type roles with exposure to marketing.
Skills & Competencies
- Market Knowledge
- Understanding of overall market and segments.
- Understanding of Competitor products and alternative solutions.
- Customer Centricity
- Demonstrates empathy for customer needs and expectations.
- Understands how to communicate customer needs and expectations to various internal stakeholders.
- Understanding of the sales process, customer personas, and the customer journey.
- Understanding of continuous and customer-centric validation techniques.
- Concept and Product Development
- Ability to communicate the product vision to help drive the product team towards value.
- Is an emerging servant leader.
- Validates early and often with customers, prospects, and industry experts.
- Technical Competency
- Working Technology and Solution Domain knowledge.
- Able to serve as a critical voice in the decision process and the leadership of the product.
- Exchanges product and technical ideas with the product team.
Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top