Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you an experienced Product Owner? Do you enjoy working directly with customers to understand their challenges? Do you want to have a measurable impact on a $1B product portfolio?
We are hiring for our Lifecycle Management Team that is focused on dramatically increasing the value our customers realize from their existing investments. Ensuring our customers are using the latest release, capabilities and features of our products will ensure our competitiveness, renewals rates, and financial measures while reducing customer attrition. Our goal is to ensure our products are easily upgradable with minimal services, issues and complexity so that our customers realize the increasing value of our solutions through full adoption.
This Product Owner opening with CA Technologies in Vancouver will support our API Management business unit so we are specifically looking for candidates with experience in that domain.
The Lifecycle Management PO serves as the customer voice to the Agile development teams. Working as part of the Product Management team, they will own, define and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role of Product Owner for the development of API management products, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Leading development teams using Agile methodology drafting business requirements, prioritizing features, authoring user stories and acceptance criteria, and collaborating with team members to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
- Defining & documenting requirements, features and functionality, working with cross functional teams to refine requirements, actively grooming the backlog and working closely with development teams
- Supporting continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
- Ensuring ease of upgrade for our API management customers
How You’ll Stand Out:
- 5+ years’ experience as a product owner / product manager, with a strong background in enterprise software products
- Keen market knowledge in API management and security, with strong understanding of overall market, segments, and competitive landscape
- Track record of customer centricity with the ability to deeply understand and communicate customer needs
- Strong experience in concept and product development, and a solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- Superb communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate a compelling product vision to a variety of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification preferred
- Flexibility to travel approximately 20%
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top