Principal UX Designer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Design Leadership and Enterprise UX Excellence
The Principal Product Designer will work out of the CA office located in Prague, Czech Republic. This individual will work on strategic projects involving both specific products and company-wide initiatives. The right individual will bring a strong blend of hands-on design expertise as well as strategic leadership, bringing to the table solid product development experience and a knack for communicating and influencing at all levels of an organization.
About this Role
In this role you'll work with design leaders across the company to help them create and deliver the next generation of enterprise software. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead design sprints and workshops that foster results-oriented design thinking + ideas
- Work on a variety of projects, from specific products to company-wide initiatives
- Solve complex design problems to create user-friendly, enterprise software solutions
- Collaborate with design teams, product management, researchers, engineers and business leaders to deliver and ship innovative products
- Champion and help build a strong design culture, creating programs and systems that drive and foster a sense of community and design excellence
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. The perfect candidate will have:
- Led large-scale design initiatives to successful completion
- Influenced or determined product direction and / or roadmap through UX
- Designed and shipped Software products
- Operated as a mentor and / or strategic leader
- Led (or participated in) GV style design sprints
- A body of work that feels beautiful, useful, and valuable
What You Can Demonstrate
- 5+ years of UX design experience in Enterprise and / or Consumer software
- Excellent strategic / analytical ability
- A strong POV on building products and the strategy behind them
- Comprehensive knowledge of user-centered design / design thinking
- Solid understanding of research and insights; can show examples of applying empathy
- Excellent sense of – and ability to give direction on – typography, iconography, color space and consistency
- Ability to craft and deliver effective presentations to audiences ranging from peers to executive business leaders
- A positive, team-oriented attitude with the desire to collaborate across disciplines, mentor other designers and share your knowledge
- Practical requirements
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Symbolic Systems, Visual / Graphic
- Design or similar experience
- Expert knowledge and experience building + shipping products from concept to delivery
- Expert knowledge and use of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc.
- Plus: experience w/ interactive tools such as Principle, Framer or After Effects
Help us get into your head. Please share your shipped products, portfolio, blog and anything else that showcases your skills. Tell us about your design process, and how your solutions solved end users' problems and achieved business goals.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visitwww.CA.com/careers
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top