Principal Software Engineer - QA
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Principal Software Engineer – QA
Self-driven individual who can work in demanding situations while staying motivated and help bring value addition to the existing QA team. This individual is expected to work on SAAS applications and it is important for him to be well versed with Testing concepts and SAFe Agile methodologies. During the day to day business he might have to interact with various cross functional teams and it is essential to maintain the Rapport and help people educate and convince during disagreements. This engineer must have the critical thinking about the process and test practices, he should be able to evaluate and fine tune the process to make it smart and yet effective.
- Expert in QA with strong focus on Manual & Automation Testing preferably ISTQB certified.
- Sound knowledge on complex product architectures & interfaces
- Good in Stratagic Planning & Organizing skills.
- Well versed with Web testing concepts
- Experience working with Unix/Linux - must
- Good Knowledge of QA Process and able to follow and improve.
- Solid Knowledge on data structures, TCP IP,
- Hands on experience designing and building automation framework, automation scripts using industry standard tools and programming languages (APPIUM, Selenium, Test NG, JMeter, & Java, etc)
- Solid hands-on experience in test scenario development and implementation
- Web testing
- API testing
- multi-threaded tests
- Good to have Experience with Application Servers/containers such as Tomcat and TomEE
- Good to have Experience with databases – Oracle/SQL Server, SQL Developer etc.
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Hands-on experience with API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON
- Good to have Experience with SaaS and Enterprise environments
- Experience with Agile (SAFE) is a Must
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Must be an out of box thinking Team player
- Liaise with Cross function teams to understand the requirements and draw a workable Plan.
- Able to work in different time zone and help team with deploy, test and report issues related with Linux installations and deployment of patches and fixes.
- Analyze formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Good knowledge in Agile Process and able to tailor the process which is fit for the job.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis, should be able to interpret in Technical and Simple language.
- Can do People Management also
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree (in Engineering) or higher, global equivalent in Computer Science or related field
Experience : 9+ years
Work Location : Bangalore
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top