Principal Software Engineer in Core Java
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software for a major product or product line. The Principal Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development.
- May serve as a Scrum Master to an Agile Team.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done
- Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos.
- Support the early and continuous validation of features and stories with Customers, Analysts and CA’s customer facing teams to maximize the market value of the software delivered at each increment.
- Responsible for assigned integration, testing, and deployment tasks.
Typically 9 or more years of experience in software development or a related field
- Overall experience between 9 to 13 years
- Strong product development experience
- Experience working in agile teams and proficient with agile software development methodologies.
- Strong Java, designing skills and server side programming.
- Experience on Object Oriented Design and Design patterns
- Excellent Coding skills in core Java, XML/JSON parsing
- Strong understanding of web application architecture and multi-tier web application designing.
- Good familiarity with web application security and secure coding.
- Responsible for providing accurate work estimates for large complex and cross-functional initiatives
- Strong analytical skills, database modeling & query optimization
- Strong problem solving skills on Security vulnerability & performance tuning
- Strong in unit test frameworks like Junit.
- Good understanding of software quality process and automation.
- Self-motivated and have a can do attitude.
- Can perform under pressure and can work in multiple product areas and technologies.
- Strong in code reviews and strong in debugging skills.
- Provide technical direction to the team. Drive improvement in software quality through design, code and test plan reviews
- Knowledge of continuous integration technologies
- Good communication skills and can present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top