Principal Software Engineer - Front End
="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Opened in 2005, the Prague Technology Center has gradually become one of our company's key development offices. With a staff of about 400 software professionals, our office is one of the largest software development employers in Prague. Our local portfolio contains over 35 diverse software products. We are located on The Park business campus in Prague 4, Chodov, just a few minute walk from the metro.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with management and architects to create highly complex and sophisticated software on design projects that span several groups. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems for a product CA ASM.
- Have a passion for designing and coding complex front-end modules that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Take pride in providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems and solutions.
- Transform a graphical web-design into a functional user interface. Work closely with Web designers, on new modules and enhancements.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
- Typically, 5 + years of experience in software development
- Java knowledge is advantage
- Understanding of best coding practices
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top