Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
Work closely with IT teams to support and design continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications, various scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support. Other duties may include general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and after hours SDLC support. The position involves customer/stakeholder communication on multiple projects at a time.
- Responsible for organizing continuous integration of various software components and applications
- To set up and maintain a Continuous Integration environment which builds, deploys and performs end to end testing of multiple applications.
- Manage software repositories and ensure an effective tagging and branching strategy is in place.
- Identify and evaluate tools and solutions to improve our end to end build process, for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Testing.
- Ability to efficiently investigate and troubleshoot problems when they arise
- Develop an effective strategy for reporting the outcomes of automated builds and ensuring
- Maintains environment release information across multiple environments such as software and configuration baseline version.
- Process and baseline all change control requests pertaining to releases.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes, existing tools, new tools, and enhancements.
- Support and enhance release installation process to various environments by modifying existing or designing new deployment strategies.
- Responsible for successfully packaging and delivering products through the software development life cycle
- Communicate effectively with other Development and QA engineers
Typical Role definition:
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company's future direction.
Analyzes gaps and inefficiencies in DevOps lifecycle: CI/CD, testing, release management, security, monitoring, collaboration
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of modern DevOps technologies, methodologies, and processes
- Understanding of DevOps tools and technologies: CI systems like Jenkins, Cloud Infrastructure like AWS, containerization, test automation, release, and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD workflows and multi-microservice environment deployments
- Knowledge of Github, Docker Hub and deployment scripting.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies.
- Expertise in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Strong understanding of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or TerraForm, DevOps frameworks
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Understanding and knowledge of AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, CloudFormation, and other core AWS technologies).
- Container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Openshift Enterprise Platform
- Knowledge of a programming language like Python, Go, or Java.
- Strong understanding of systems fundamentals, including OS, networking, storage, load balancing, etc.
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana a plus
- The ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top