Principal Software Engineer - Core Java, J2ee
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Senior Software Engineer – Core Java, J2ee:
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or family of products/solution. Provide complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks. Provide high level analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
Preferred Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences
Work Experience: Typically 5 or more years of software development experience.
- Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written format
- Assist in strategic research and design as directed
- May have indirect reports and manage a small project team.
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
- Owns a major component of the product
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- Visualize, articulate and break down complex testing areas into simpler parts
- Initiate and influence test strategies across teams and functional areas
- Participates in grooming of product backlog with product management, architecture, and other stakeholders.
- Visualize, articulate and break down complex problems into simpler parts
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding,
Skills & Competences:
- Experience in Java, REST / Web Services
- Excellent in DBs – NoSQL and RDBMS
- Jenkins / Maven / Ant / TeamCity
- Can perform under pressure and can work in multiple areas and technologies
- Self-motivated and have a can do attitude.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top