Principal Software Engineer (CA)-C++
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Software Engineer will perform moderately complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks as well as perform analysis related to software design and development.
- Add enhancements, fix defects and convert software to other platforms.
- Design and code complex enhancements that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Participate in code reviews with other developers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically 5+ or more years of software development experience or related field.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Good Design & Debugging skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows / Unix Operating Systems Internals
- Very good at debugging Multi-threaded, high performance Applications
- Knowledge of Java and JNI will be an added advantage
- Good Communication, Coaching & mentoring skills
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top