Principal Software Engineer (CA) - Mainframe
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or a family of products. Perform non-complex modification, testing, and debugging tasks. Assists with analysis related to software design and development and debugging or problem solving. Assists in evaluating impact of software performance, and recommends changes to software designers.
- Have a passion for designing and coding often for the most complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and guidance of the testers .
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Take pride in performing strategic research and design for multiple technical areas.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- May mentor, train and develop Software Engineers.
- Typically possess Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
- Ideally 8+ years (5 to 7 with Master’s degree) of experience in software development.
- Ability to create overall product architectures and component design.
- Strong technical knowledge of systems for IBM Mainframes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Assembler, z/OS, REXX, Hlasm.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken).
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top