Principal Software Engineer (CA) - Java
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer for our Prague office to support our Service Virtualization product. CA Service Virtualization is cutting edge technology that delivers a powerful solution to the problem of system dependency constraints, ensuring that innovative IT functionality is delivered faster, with higher quality and performance.
About the Role
The Principal Software Engineer is a key member of the development organization. Led by the strategic direction of the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful development of the Service Virtualization product line. The Principal Software Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments.
You will be responsible for:
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products.
- Maintain and support existing features and products.
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
- Investigate and resolve support issues.
- Assisting with building automated tests using JUnit and LISA.
- Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are working at all times.
- Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
- May mentor and train less senior software engineers.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
- Participating in software development process following Agile/Scrum model.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 8+ years of experience with core Java and/or J2EE.
- Strong knowledge of one or more J2EE application servers (JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic, etc)
- Experience with one or more messaging platforms (JMS, MQ, etc).
- Possess experience with Swing or GWT.
- Experience with continuous integration unit testing, and automated testing.
- Experience with agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactor design as requirements evolve.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top