Principal Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Provide technical leadership and be part of Introscope Agent development team within the Application Performance Management product team
- Writing high performance highly concurrent modules for APM agents with focus on Java and .Net agents
- Implementing features in Java/.Net agent that monitors performance of applications using byte code instrumentation
- Implement and contribute to unit tests and functional automation testing
- Write detailed test cases in HP Application Lifecycle management tool
- Participate in design discussions and code review sessions
- Designing features/fixing defects taking into account Java Virtual Machine internals like classloaders, GC algorithms
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to guide to delivery of features and engage in strategic research and design
- Engage with the product managers and architects to understand and analyze new requirements on the core areas of the product
- Prototype complex concepts, investigate tools/technologies and conduct usability/feasibility related discussions
- Lead design and code review with other developers
- Conduct impact analysis of the new features on the existing core areas of the product
- Orient the team members with the design, break down plans in small deliverables and take it up for actual development
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Engage with documentation & deployment teams to ensure to get the proper artifacts in place.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company's future direction.
Typically 10 or more years of software development experience.
Skills & Competencies
- 10 years of development experience in Java / .Net
- Bachelors or Masters degree in CS or related field
- Experience in writing high performance highly concurrent modules in Java/.net
- Knowledge in other languages such as Python, PHP, Node.JS, C++ will be a big plus
- Experience using Java and .Net Application servers including Weblogic, Webphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, IIS and the appserver internals would be a plus
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, JMS, Spring boot, CXF, .Net MVC, WCF, WebAPI, Angular JS, React JS
- Experience/Knowledge with technoligies such as Elastic search, Kafka, Zookeeper, Cassandra, Mongodb, Redis
- Knowledge in cloud deployments using one of AWS, Azure, Cloudfoundry
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD).
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top