Principal Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Our StartupWho We Are:
WhoZoo is an early stage lean startup funded by the CA Technologies Accelerator program. This exciting new product is a dynamic, self-learning map to the human beings in your ever-changing organization.
Finding the right person you need, at the right time, in a large, distributed organization can be near impossible. People waste so much time and energy, disrupt so many others looking for the person they need, and so often the right person is never found. It is so difficult to determine the strengths and responsibilities of people in an organization and to see how people truly collaborate. WhoZoo aims to solve these problems using the latest advances in Expert Graph, Deep Learning and NLP technology. We are building a solution that helps connect human beings inside an organization in a meaningful, unbiased and inclusive way.
WhoZoo is "Serendipity. Engineered."
The WhoZoo team is a fast-paced, startup environment. We believe in a safe, transparent working culture, where everyone can thrive, grow and move at a speed enabled by shared trust. We believe that the happiness of the team is as important to us as the happiness of our customers. We're looking for team members that are passionate, love team-building and who can #BringWhatYouBring to help us build our vision of WhoZoo into a product that can help human beings collaborate in organizations across the planet.
Principal Software EngineerPrincipal Software Engineer (Backend)
We are looking for someone to help lead the backend development for our WhoZoo team. Whilst finding a person who shares our values is of primary importance to us, some of the desirable skills we are looking for in our Principal Software Engineer are:
- Has a proven track record building production-level multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Is a thought leader in the development of best-of-breed CI/CD pipelines for production-level always-on applications.
- Experience developing applications using a variety of database implementations (e.g. Relational, Document, Graph, Key/Value pair).
- Experience developing server-less architecture applications a plus (especially on Firebase).
- Experience with a variety of server-side programming languages (such as Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Java), platforms (such as Firebase, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Heroku) and other supporting technologies (such as Docker, Micro-Services, REST, GraphQL).
- Someone who is comfortable to move between languages, platforms and technologies, not just because it's 'what I know' or 'it's the cool new thing' but because it's the right tool for the job at hand.
Principal Software Engineer (Frontend)
We are looking for someone to help lead the Frontend development for our WhoZoo team. Whilst finding a person who shares our values is of primary importance to us, some of the desirable skills we are looking for in our Principal Software Engineer are:
- Experience developing applications using Responsive Web Design techniques.
- Has a proven track record implementing consumer-grade web applications utilizing current UX frameworks (e.g. Angular 2, React).
- An understanding of the future evolution of Web UX frameworks, how they will affect the industry and applications WhoZoo develops.
- Experience with big data visualization and associated data visualization libraries (e.g. D3.js) desirable.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top