Principal Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with management and architects to create highly complex and sophisticated software on design projects that span several groups. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems.
- Design and code, often for the most complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Perform strategic research and design for a major technical area.
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- May perform Development project management responsibilities including:
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Design, plan, and coordinate the activities of project teams.
- Communicate project status to all interested parties and ensure team stays on track to satisfy business needs and client expectations.
- Ensure completeness and quality of all project deliverables.
- Manage change control process through the life of project.
- Identify and escalates issues and, when necessary, pull appropriate teams together to solve challenge/issue, etc.
- Recognize potential risks and implement course of action to address them appropriately.
Typically, 8 or more years of experience in software development or a related field
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Strong Java server side (J2EE / JEE5.0) & Core Java (1.5) coding / designing skills, web services, Axis, Spring, Struts.
- Strong knowledge of client server technology both on client and server end: HTML, JSP, JS, Applet, Ajax
- Strong Database Skills, esp. in high volume
- Design / Architecture skills, must be hands on
- Demonstrated experience in building frameworks, tools & libraries that can be commonly used between implementations
- Excellent attitude, desire to perform best in their field
- Excellent communication
- Team work and team mentoring
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top