Principal Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come join an engineering team developing software that monitors and manages network and application performance. The NetQoS product line provides customers with visibility into the "as implemented" performance of their network and data center infrastructure so that they can quickly isolate and solve problems before it costs their business precious time and revenue. The NetQoS products are a key part of CA's Performance Management solution.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will engage full-time in hands-on software development. Successful candidates are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, cross functional, agile environment. These candidates pair up with scrum team members to produce working software. They are experts in designing and implementing software solutions to meet business and customer needs. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on-time.
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software on design projects that span several product areas. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems.
Responsibilities You Will Own:
- Participate in grooming of product backlog with product management, development, architecture, and other stakeholders
- Design, implement, and productize software components and systems using standard software development methodologies and tools
- Automate unit, functional, system and performance testing
- Collaborate with architects, product owners, engineers in test and customers to understand and resolve product issues
- Provide technical leadership for a group of engineers
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Constantly refine and keep current with emerging technologies in software development and testing
Skills We Require:
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert level knowledge in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Expert level knowledge in at least one of the following languages: Java, C# or C++
- Solid experience using and developing either RESTful or SOAP based services
- Solid experience working with relational databases
- Experience with distributed and/or multi-tiered application architecture
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and be a strong team player
- Experience with or understanding of Networking
- Operating Systems Windows and Linux
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Hands on experience with bug tracking tools and source control systems such as Rally/Agile Central and GIT
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with SNMP, NetFlow, and Packet Capture/Analysis
- Understanding of Network and Data Center Design
Experience with Infrastructure Management products
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top