Principal Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Principal QA Engineer – SDET:
As a Principal Software Engineer – QA, you will be responsible for analysis and verification that the product is implemented to the stated requirements and validation that the product functions as designed. Design, build and execute functional and customer use case focused tests that verify the accuracy and reliability of assigned products meet stated requirements. Uses metrics, data and fact to measure quality and refine testing.
Mandatory Skills: Analyzing, Designing & developing test cases, Executing, Test Automation using Selenium Webdriver, Test NG, experience in writing code in Core Java, Strong exposure in Data structure, Strong in web service and UI test automation
- Hands on experience designing and building automation framework, automation scripts using industry standard tools and programming languages (Java, Selenium, TestNG, etc.). Programming experience in C++ is a plus
- Expertise in building test approaches and test cases for complex features
- Ability to perform deep exploratory testing
- Exposure/experience in performance and load testing is good to have,
- Ability to understand complex product architectures and build appropriate test harness
- Experience with testing Payment Security domain is good to have,
- Experience in Client-Server architectures. Experience with SaaS products is a plus
- Engineering degree in CS or Information Science with 3+ years of solid experience from product companies
Experience: 8 – 12 Years
Work Location: Bangalore
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Complete all scheduled tasks on time
- Develop customer focused test plans
- Set-up and maintain testing environments
- Perform test cases and maintain associated test records
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Record issues into a defect-tracking system
- Follow-up and close issues entered into the defect-tracking system
- Escalate issues to a higher level where issue resolution is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time
- Provide information to technical documentation (i.e. Product Release Notes/Readme files)
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Work with development team to understand assigned modules/new product features for the purpose of developing test cases
- Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, operating systems, automated testing tools, etc. in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Assume a QA project or team leader position within the organization.
- Size, plan, schedule and execute test programs which cover complete products or a series of product releases.
- Develop high level test plans for products from which lower level test plans can be defined and assigned to others for development.
- Communicate with cross functional program teams as part of a shared responsibility for total product quality.
- Assist developers, architects, and support services in researching or solving complex application issues.
- Work with development team to understand new product features for the purpose of designing and developing test cases.
- Collaborate with Development to effectively analyze and isolate complex system level problems which extend past the reach of the product under test and include external software or hardware systems.
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as a knowledge resource to less experienced QA engineers.
- May assume QA project management or team leader responsibilities including leading the development and execution of automated testing tools.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top