Principal Software Engineer - Blockchain
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to work with emerging and cutting-edge software technologies? Us too!
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with management and architects to create highly complex and sophisticated software on design projects that span several groups. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems by leveraging of emerging technologies and cutting-edge software platforms such as the blockchain.
- Participate in software development process following Agile/Scrum model.
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Work on POCs for blockchain applications and tools.
- Monitor new trends and evolution of the technologies related to blockchain.
- Research, design and build back-end blockchain functionality for enterprise applications.
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Investigate and resolve support issues.
- Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
- Mentoring less senior software engineers.
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Good knowledge of Java or C/C++.
- Experience with blockchain platforms such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Chain or Quorum is a big plus.
- Good knowledge of cryptography and computer security is a plus.
- Experience with Go or Node.js is a plus.
- Familiar with Docker at least on basic level.
- Comfortable with multiple OS platforms (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top