Principal Software Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Opened in 2005, the Prague Technology Center has gradually become one of our company’s key development offices. With a staff of about 400 software professionals, our office is one of the largest software development employers in Prague. Our local portfolio contains over 35 diverse software products. We are located on The Park business campus in Prague 4, Chodov, just a few minute walk from the metro.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with management and architects to create highly complex and sophisticated software on design projects that span several groups. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems for a product or family of products in the area of CA Application Performance Management.
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Provide feedback to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- Work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Typically 7 or more years of experience in software development (5 or more years with a Master’s Degree)
- Possess experience in JAVA development, with hands on knowledge of Java 6 or later
- Possess general database skills
- Experience with multiple OS (e.g. Microsoft, Linux, Unix, Solaris)
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Problem solver
- Good team spirit
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top