Principal Software Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Marc Andreesen quipped in 2011, “Software is eating the world”, and agile management practices are at the center of the feeding frenzy, spreading far beyond their origins in software development to sectors such as the auto industry, routers, chip manufacturing, groceries, and retail.
At CA Technologies’ R&D Innovation Center in Denver, Colorado we build products like CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally, that enable companies to morph from slow-moving bureaucracies into places where trust, collaboration, innovation, and rapid response to changing customer demands are the norm.
We think radically transforming the way software is built and delivered is pretty exciting stuff, and we’re looking for developers who want to join the fun.
A Bit About Us
We collaborate constantly. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code, automated testing, and scaling all the time. We take walks, sample the kegs, and play games to give our brains a break. We use our own products to manage our work and stay agile. We’re always getting better.
Some of the reasons our engineers love it here:
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- No role or tech ruts: Expand your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack or specialize in an area of interest to you. Change teams when you need some new scenery.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
- Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better – the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location: With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Denver is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
Things You Might Do Here
- Stand up a new service written in Clojure with a MongoDB backend
- Build a new page using ReactJS, creating reusable UI components along the way
- Prepare pages for localization into dozens of different languages
- Create integrations between Agile Central and other products using WebHooks
- Advance the state of the art of our front end testing infrastructure
- Use Splunk and in-house tooling to dive deep into a performance problem and fix it
You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, pair programming, agile-all-the-time environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks. More specifically, you can answer ‘true’ to many of the following statements:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, pair-programming kind of culture where you’re always learning and teaching
- You have built and used RESTful APIs
- You have coded and deployed scalable services
- You write automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- You build tooling to automate repetitive tasks
- You understand databases in both relational and NoSQL flavors like MongoDB
- You have built and deployed bidirectional, full-duplex services using something like WebSockets
If all this sounds tempting, and you think you’d be a good fit, check out http://ca.com/careers to learn more about CA Technologies and apply online. We’d love a cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for this job and a few things that aren’t obvious from your resume.
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top