Principal Scrum Master (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Scrum Master guides, coaches, and mentors Agile teams toward achieving their objectives.
In addition to the typical responsibilities of the Scrum Master, the Principal Scrum Master is responsible for the advanced facilitation and coaching of one or more Agile Teams in Agile methodology and practices as well as on-going advocacy for Agile maturity and adoption.
- Coach, train, and mentor assigned Agile teams:
- Work with each team to institute the Agile framework that best fits team activities.
- Familiarize the team with the common elements of the chosen system such as Daily Scrums and Sprint/Iteration Reviews.
- Guide the teams to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization.
- Foster cross team communication.
- Guide continuous backlog refinement with the team.
- May work at the Program level.
- Coach, train, and mentor those outside the Agile team who support and work with the team, such as Product Owner and Functional Manager.
- Mentor and coach the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Work closely with Product Owners and teams in building release plans and iteration modification where needed.
- Work closely with management to continually improve the environment within which the team works.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to develop and foster cross team communication.
- Assist and mentor other Scrum Masters or Agile roles.
- Collaborate with Agile Coaches and Agile Program Managers to coach, train and educate teams, Programs (team of teams) and those surrounding the teams on the principles and practices of Agile.
- Build a coaching relationship with an Agile Coach.
- Begin to practice Agile Coaching techniques.
- Model continuous learning.
- Participate in regional Agile groups.
- Understand and apply Agile-at-scale approaches and techniques.
- Develop Agile training materials.
- Radiate information out to others and ensure cross functional collaboration by participating in the program-wide Scrum of Scrums meeting (where applicable).
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically 7 or more years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment or a related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent required.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent desired.
- ICAgile Professional Certification in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC) or equivalent desired.
- ICAgile Professional Certification in Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) or equivalent desired.
Skills & Competencies :
Min for 2+ years of experience as Scrum Master
Must have experience handling multiple teams
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top