Principal, SaaS Ops & Delivery
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or family of products in a SAAS Production environment. Provide application support, testing and debugging tasks.
- Act as a solution architect who has exposure on various components in cloud based application deployment. (Application, network, Database, Monitoring, Security, Compliance)
- Expertise on performing software deployment, maintenance, capacity planning and solve problems for the application hosted in AWS Cloud.
- Should have a 360 view of application deployment life cycle and play key role in operationalization of SaaS products.
- Knowledge of security products like Siteminder (or any SSO and Directory Servers implementation would be an added advantage.
- Preserve the integrity and design of application and product to support mission-critical service offered to customers necessary for business operations.
- Under minimal supervision, produce deliverables in alignment with overall Transformation program demonstrating mastery skills in area of sub specialization.
- Typically, 10 or more years of experience in software application administration, Level 3 application resource or a related field.
- Ensure completeness and quality of all deliverables
- Manage the timely resolution of issues within work stream
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and standards to meet compliances, availability and disaster recovery, acting as an escalation point for project team members to provide issue resolution.
- Manage relationships with counterparts including functional owners or work streams
- Own technology solution within respective area of sub expertise including overall design, key decisions, and relations with business owners.
- Recommend and execute modifications to database infrastructure to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance of SaaS Application service.
- Document technology deployments by creating Standard Operating Procedures, training guides. Train coworkers and other members of Operations staff.
- Train new hires & Operations engineers on technology implementation and ensure quick on boarding of new hires.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and compliances such as PCI, SSAE16 would be considered as plus
- Ability to conduct and direct research on day to day support issues to support SaaS products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to internal teams and external customers.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and Work independently.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal abilities.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance in relates to applications. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee new and existing applications services, and software upgrades related issues.
- Experience of design, architecture, deployment, testing and administration of Web Solutions using Tomcat Web application server, WebLogic, Apache, IIS (or any middleware technology) that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Strong implementation background in Cloud Based SaaS Service deployments in AWS using various AWS components like.
- Highly experienced in maintaining application infrastructure within native AWS Cloud.
- Highly experienced in designing and developing Web Solutions on AWS Cloud environments.
- Highly exposed on how to handle a SaaS application on Public Cloud environments.
- Experience in writing scripts for log mining and find various Systems / Transactions points like load, response time etc.
- Expertise on automation using script (ANSIBLE).
- Expertise in OpenShift Container Platform.
- Working knowledge of ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
- Experience in supporting SAAS service solutions, working large number of servers running in cluster / non-cluster mode and high transaction production systems.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team when needed.
- Experience in designing and implementing high available clustered solutions for Apache Tomcat / WebLogic Server product.
- Familiar with Security implementation using Siteminder SSO, Open LDAP, Active Directly etc...
- Experience with monitoring tools like CA APM, CA UIM or any other application profiling tools.
- Experience with scheduling/automation tools like CA Release Automation, Blazemeter etc.
- Highly exposed on administration of RHEL/CentOS operating systems.
- Experience in working with RDBMS like, DB2 (UDB), ORACLE, MySql.
- Experience in troubleshooting JVM parameters like GC Pause, heap size etc..
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
- Experience in using Splunk, openssl, GC viewer, Mercury heap analyzer, Samurai thread dump analyzer.
- Well versed in installing SSL certificates on various kinds of web servers, JKS Store and troubleshooting certificate issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top