Principal, SaaS Ops & Delivery
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Principal Engineer SaaS Ops & Delivery, you will be responsible for providing high level infrastructure support for our SaaS based product offerings in our Cary, NC office.
Software as a Service (SaaS) offers customers an alternate software delivery model to the traditional model of buying, building, configuring, deploying and maintaining software on-premise. Organizations can select from several SaaS solutions from CA Technologies to streamline deployments, increase agility, securely enable online business, and benefit from our proven operational expertise within a secure service-delivery environment. SaaS is becoming an increasingly popular approach to cutting costs and minimizing a company’s carbon footprint by reducing overall data center requirements for application solutions delivered via the cloud. However, the benefits of any cloud offering are realized only if the solutions are set up to provide the required reliability, security and capabilities of a world-class service offering. SaaS solutions from CA Technologies deliver on these key requirements, enabling customers to gain optimal IT security and management capabilities while reducing the effort and cost of deploying an on-premises solution.
- Take ownership of technical requests and provide support for several SaaS based CA products.
- Independently apply acquired technical knowledge and open-ended problem solving methodology to assess increasingly complex problems, analyze root causes, and advise customers on solutions.
- Research, analyze, and resolve complex functionality and usability related issues.
- Understand and accurately document product questions that require in-depth analysis; determine and pursue the appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution.
- Identify complex or high impact issues and coordinate with senior staff where necessary for resolution.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate subject matter expert or manager according to product line procedures.
- Manage own time to prioritize and balance all assignments.
- 5+ years of Linux Administration experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Working experience with Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- OpenShift Knowledge
- Foundational knowledge of Cloud networking, basic routing
- Fast learner and able to troubleshoot problems quickly
- Expertise in at least one scripting language
- Ability to develop processes, runbooks and automation for Infrastructure Operations workflows
- Candidates having exposure to SaaS infrastructure support a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL and Agile methodologies a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top