Principal QA Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Principal QA Engineer, Austin, TX
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer our Austin, TX office to support our Identity as a Service Product line.
About the Role
The Principal QA Engineer is a key member of the testing organization. Led by the strategic direction of the Director of Engineering, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful testing of Identity as a Service product line. The Principal QA Engineer will work within an agile testing organization and be accountable for ensuring product quality standards and measuring of product quality
You will be responsible for:
- Work as an integral part of a multi-site cross-functional testing team.
- Drive a test-first approach to software development in the team
- Use best software engineering practices to evolve the system design.
- Create automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Participate in test plan reviews.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating, executing and maintaining manual and automated test cases
- The candidate must be well versed in industry standard Software QA concepts and very comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum SDLC
- Using Selenium, Browser Stack and other automation tools, help develop automated test scripts, and other forms of functional test automation
- Willing to share your knowledge with other members of the team either through mentoring, or training peers in your team
- Contribute to the definition of a comprehensive Quality Strategy.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a part of a dynamic team.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 7+ years of testing experience in an Enterprise Software company.
- Strong background in both automated and manual testing
- Experience with Selenium, RESTful Web Services, Jenkins, SaaS
- Knowledge of automation frameworks for unit tests (JUnit, TestNG)
- Strong Understanding of relational data bases (Oracle, MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Experience with UI automation tools. Selenium, Browser Stack.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Methodologies
- Strong communication both verbal and written.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top