Principal Product Owner (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner to guide the development of our Service Virtualization product line. We operate in an Agile Scrum development environment. The Product Owner is one of the project’s key stakeholders. The PO aligns with the Product Manager on a detailed vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the development teams. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and it’s features from concept to End Of Life.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Working with product managers, architects, UX designers and development teams to ensure the business, quality and feature goals are met for each release
- Responsible for the design, usability, and quality of releases
- Collaborating with R&D and product managers to translate business requirements into user stories
- Maintaining a prioritized backlog of user stories, features and defects
- Working within a SAFe Agile Team (Scrum of Scrums, Big Room Planning, PI sessions, etc…)
- Participating in daily Scrums, Sprint planning and Sprint reviews & retrospectives
- Inspiring and motivating the engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- 3+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Deep knowledge of the DevOps tool chain (Testing, Automation, Collaboration, Monitoring, etc…)
- Understanding of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery market
- Know the pros/cons of working with and contributing to open source
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or MIS
- Excellent soft skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven SaaS delivery background
- Demonstrate a successful commercialization of open source software
- Development background utilizing agile methodologies
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top