Principal Product Marketing Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
This position is responsible for providing business and technical leadership to ensure the success of a product line and for setting the marketing strategy, developing go-to-market plans, and driving a cross-functional team to successfully execute against the plans.
Act as a recognized technical and business expert for a product line
Drive the following responsibilities for a product line:
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Size the market opportunity
- Develop go-to-market plans, incorporating activities related to awareness, customer acquisition and retention, and lead generation
- Drive the launch strategy
- Gather and analyze product performance, operational metrics, and win/loss analysis
- Write white papers and speak at industry events
- Develop collateral and sales tools, including presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Known as the in-house expert for related technologies and practices
- Often plays a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction
About This Role
This professional staff member possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of the product marketing discipline supporting CA’s cybersecurity product line. Technical skills may cross fields, but domain expertise in cybersecurity, particularly in the area of privileged access management is desired. This individual will identify trends and emerging requirements in the marketplace. Based on that understanding and other market intelligence, the individual will define and gain consensus for product positioning and messaging that will effectively define CA products in the market and differentiate them from competitive offerings. In addition, he or she will collaborate with the product management team to suggest new products, or enhancements to existing solutions. In conjunction with integrated, field, and corporate marketing, this individual will define, articulate, and develop content and collateral to enable the execution of campaigns and programs that create demand within the market. He or she will develop and deliver supporting sales enablement training and materials to help ensure the success of direct and partner sales teams. And help drive analyst interactions including briefings, product reviews and consulting cycles.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Determine messaging and positioning of products
- Drive marketing execution and strategy/interaction with sales teams
- Define go to market strategy and launch strategy
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field. An MBA is preferred.
Typically 5+ years experience in product marketing, field marketing or sales operations in companies with $150M+ revenue. Software industry experience preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of industry/business best practices and demonstrated strategic expertise to complete complex assignments.
- Ability to work on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
- Demonstrates good judgment in the selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Influences team members; reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Challenges assumptions underlying decisions that appear to conflict with corporate goals. Drives to resolution of the conflict.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members when needed.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, write and deliver quality presentations that are adjusted to the level of the receiving audience, understand business and technical materials; effective skills also include active listening and modifying communication style to suit the listener.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams, requiring subtle influence without authority.
- Negotiates resources and deliverables across the organization, initiates communications and provides constructive feedback to the team.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top