Principal Product Manager
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come innovate with us!
The Principal Product Manager will own the delivery of our Live API Creator product and will work in a globalized, highly collaborative environment and will be given the freedom to innovate new product ideas, having ownership of the business case, requirements planning, and technology roadmap for their product area.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Leading the product strategy, vision, and roadmap of Live API Creator
- Identifying significant market opportunities, contributing to go-to-market strategy, and engaging with customers to understand their pain points and areas of opportunity
- Working with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and other departments to drive success
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
How you’ll Stand Out:
You have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of your enterprise software product management career. You have an outstanding track record and reputation as a fast learner of new technology and the synergies between various products, and are highly effective in working with and matrixed/geographically distributed teams. An ideal background will also include:
- 5+ years’ experience in product management, with strong experience managing enterprise software product roadmap (ideally database products or API based products)
- Experience building enduring relationships with customers and industry partners
- Strong market knowledge and technical background to help answer the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of technical requirements and negotiate requirements and deliverables effectively with engineering
- Strong go-to-market execution knowledge and business exposure including pricing models, sales force structures and marketing processes
- Track record of customer centricity with the ability to deeply understand and communicate customer needs
- Proven ability to dissect and balance business needs, competition, technology, and customer needs to create product strategy and roadmaps
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Superb communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate a compelling product vision
- Exposure to Agile process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Openness to roughly 30% travel
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top