Principal Product Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will work as a member of an Agile team building a next-gen advance analytics platform which enable data driven analytics applications/solutions. As the customer proxy on the team, you will be a key project stakeholder whose role is to act as a bridge between Product Management, customers, other stakeholders and the Scrum teams. Your key responsibility is to have a vision for the product and convey that vision to the Scrum teams.
You should enjoy being actively engaged with your Scrum teams on a daily basis and continuously show your commitment to do whatever is necessary to build the best product possible. This will include communicating with key stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond to understand the market, the customer and the business. You will use your knowledge in building analytics platform which enables data driven analytics solutions and your business savvy to make sound decisions regarding what features the team should build and how they should be prioritized.
- Working with Product Management to understand and evaluate product features on an on-going basis
- Communicating effectively across several different stakeholder groups
- Defining the product backlog by crafting clear Epics and User Stories
- Leading product backlog grooming and estimation sessions
- Prioritizing the backlog based on business value, stakeholder feedback and market changes
- Answering the team’s questions to ensure user stories, acceptance criteria and priorities are fully understood
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert on the product’s business capabilities
- Acting as SME in the area of Advanced Analytics both internally and externally.
- Good awareness of emerging trends in Analytics platforms and solutions
- Ensuring dependencies between Scrum teams are clearly understood
- Demonstrating new features to internal and external stakeholders
- Driving continuous improvement within your Agile team and in the overall organization
- Owning the end-to-end product lifecycle
- Expert knowledge in Analytics platforms and solutions
- Expert knowledge in various modern analytics/ big data technologies.
- Strong teamwork, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse and geographically dispersed group of stakeholders
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical folks
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of experience building Analytics platforms and solutions
- Ability and desire to keep abreast of industry standards and trends in Advanced analytics/Bigdata.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner or other relevant experience
- Experience building developer-oriented services and tools
- Experience managing a backlog
- Experience writing user stories and defining robust acceptance criteria
- Experience with user persona development and UX mockup development
- Experience launching products as part of a cross-functional team
- Exposure to Agile (Scrum) process preferred
- Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and be able to handle several projects and tasks simultaneously
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top