Principal Product Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Ready to do the best work of your life?
As a Principal Product Manager, this is an opportunity to have a cross-business unit impact and to lead the development of API Management solutions and integrations with other CA products leveraged at scale today by many significant enterprise customers. The Principal Product Manager interfaces with internal and external customers at every level.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this new role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Drive CA’s API Management market development with cross-business unit efforts and solutions
- Lead the product strategy and roadmaps of API Management solutions integration with other CA products
- Bolster customer engagement, sales support, and partner assistance
- Contribute to go-to-market strategy, engage with customers, and effectively articulate product roadmap
How you’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for API Lifecycle Management, infrastructure management, and/or enterprise security. They will be fast learners of new technology and the synergies between various products, able to work with and matrixed/virtual teams, and drive multiple projects simultaneously. An ideal background will include:
- 7+ years’ experience in product management, with strong experience managing enterprise software product roadmap
- Experience building enduring relationships with key clients and industry partners
- Strong market knowledge and technical background to help answer the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of technical requirements
- Track record of customer centricity with the ability to deeply understand and communicate customer needs
- Proven ability to dissect and balance business needs, competition, technology, and customer needs to create product strategy and roadmaps
- Strong go-to-market execution knowledge and business exposure including pricing models, sales force structures and marketing processes
- Ability to negotiate requirements and deliverables effectively with engineering
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Superb communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate a compelling product vision
- Exposure to Agile process
- Openness to roughly 30% yearly travel
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit http://ca.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top