Principal, Platform Engineer-AWS, Azure & Vmware
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or family of products/solution. Provide complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks. Provide high level analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
Principal, Platform Engineer (Middleware) Administration Profile:
Experience Level: Overall 8 – 10 Years of Middleware Admin experience.
Designation: Principal Platform Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and support virtual machines (AWS, Azure & Vmware), cloud storage and cloud security services with an overall objective to improve the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability of the cloud infrastructure.
- Administrates the cloud development, test and production cloud hosted environments
- Provides application analysis and recommended solutions for environment performance needs
- Design application architecture to support better scalability, reliability and performance.
- Ensures application performance, uptime and support levels meet or exceed SLAs
- Handling day to day middleware administrative tasks
- Review of application server configurations and working closely with development/Project team to ensure correct standards are followed
- Install, configure and upgrade web and application servers
- Prepare documentation, project plan, provide KT to team members
- Follow ITIL process for Ticket handling and problem ticket analysis
- On Call Support as required during the week ends and nights
- Root Cause analysis for major incidents
- Should be willing to learn new applications like BO, Informatica & Hyperion and provide oncall support.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS & Azure
- 8+ years in Information Technology field working on a team and delivering technology solution in a production 24×7 environment
- 8+ years of working experience on Weblogic/Tomcat/Jboss Application Servers
- 8+ years of working experience on Apache/IIS Web Servers
- 8+ years working knowledge on UNIX and Windows environments
- 4+ years’ experience with monitoring and management tools
- Strong knowledge on performance tuning
- Strong knowledge on analyzing Java heap and thread dumps
- Strong knowledge on capacity planning
- Working knowledge on application integrations with SSO and LDAP
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Veracious appetite for learning new things, not just broad learning but deep also
- Ability to identify potential limitations in application architectures and providing the solutions
- Own issue to resolution
- Open to regular extended hours work and weekend work (as per business requirements)
- Should have worked in 24×7 customer facing environment
- 4+ years’ experience on Shell, Batch and Perl scripting
- 2+ years working with CA Clarity, CA Service Desk, Nimsoft and other CA applications.
- CA Wily Performance Monitoring
- ITIL certification/knowledge
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top