Principal, Platform Engineer || Linux,AWS
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for planning, defining, designing, and implementing solutions for systems using network, server, storage, and computing platforms including Service Oriented architectures (SOA) and Cloud architectures. Implement the core of the IT infrastructure. Propose and implement enhancements (hardware and software) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Work to define, order, and install various platforms including operating systems, applications, and possibly databases. Analyze, install, modify, monitor and support operating systems, enterprise application integration (EAI), SOA, databases, utilities, internal networks, telecommunications, data communication systems, video conferencing, phone systems, call center technologies, and Internet/intranet related tools.
- Analyze enterprise application integration (EAI), service oriented architecture (SOA), system, server, application, and network performance.
- Develop and review operator and control instructions
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software.
- Maintain tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Modify, maintain and update software and hardware.
Skills & Competencies
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Has knowledge and experience in one or more technology/language/application (e.g., ATM, MPLS, Wireless, IPV6, SSL, IDM, Java, security suites, automated network configuration, SAP, C++. Java, XML, Windows, Linux, Unix, EAI, Middleware, SOA) method, and approach and expanding to become fully versed on all including emerging technologies, methods, and design considerations.
- Work with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority.
- Work to develop industry-level knowledge on new enhancements and developments coming in the next 1 to 5 years. As the career progresses, formal software engineering and system engineering skills are acquired.
- Fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top