Principal, Platform Engineer
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
The DevSecOps – Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for the establishing baseline of Cloud Services security and implementing, maintaining and enhancing security posture of CA's Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Office 365, SoftLayer and other SaaS/PaaS/IaaS services).
- Candidate should strive for ideal situation of 100% CIS benchmark compliance and zero VAPT (vulnerability Assessment and penetration testing) risks reported for Cloud services.
- Applying industry adopted security best practices (CIS, ISO and other) for Cloud Services and related connectivity and integrations and ensuring the services are safe, secure and least vulnerable for 'internal malicious or external cyber-attack' effects.
- Work with application, network, security and other platforms teams to implement mega, macro or micro level segmentation to achieve higher level of security protection for DMZ, databases, application and other services.
- Contribute in defining strong practices around NIST framework and implementing practices, policies and procedures to Detect, Protect, Respond and Recover Cloud services in case of a cyber-attack or malicious act.
- Help in documenting, implementing and audit of Cloud security policies and complying with requirements of internal security and audit teams and external audit and industry recommendations.
- Regularly run tabletop exercises and tests to verify the controls (Detect Protect, Respond and Recover) are working as expected and continuously enhance them.
- Guide and train teams for security awareness and building security from day zero into projects and initiatives and operational tasks
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, vendor offerings and user needs to ensure they continue to comply with defined practices and standards.
- Candidate should be ready to provide after-hours/weekend incident support (rotating on-call schedule) and adjust work hours to execute planned maintenance tasks during off business hours/weekend
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically, 8 or more years of experience in software development or a related field
- Thorough working knowledge of Cloud Services and related network, database and infrastructure services, authentication and other operational and architectural tasks
- Candidates with AWS, Azure, Office 365 experience will be preferred.
- Good understanding and experience with adopting and implementing CIS benchmark and NIST framework
- Must understand Automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code culture and contribute to their adoption
- Must have good knowledge of Python/Perl or other scripting/programming language to automate tasks
- Exposure or experience with configuration management tool like Chef (preferred) Puppet, Sault or Ansible is an added plus
- Experience/training or certification in Ethical Hacking will support the role.
- Ability to configure security, patch, tune and harden secure settings for top Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Office 365 or SoftLayer). Candidate can collaborate with other team members and vendor support to deliver tasks faster and accurately per success criteria
- Analytical mindset with attention to details and security
- Bachelor's degree with experience in IT infrastructure and services, exposure to cybersecurity
- 8+ years of total experience in Platform administration field
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Cloud and cyber security enhancement
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top