Principal, Platform Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for planning, defining, designing, and implementing solutions for systems using network, server, storage, and computing platforms including Service Oriented architectures (SOA) and Cloud architectures. Implement the core of the IT infrastructure. Propose and implement enhancements (hardware and software) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- 7 to 10 years of domain expertise in Virtualization and Infrastructure Management
- Must have a minimum of 3 Years of experience working within large IT environments with primary focus on Managing Nutanix and EMC or Netapp Storage solutions
- Must have hands- on experience and in- depth knowledge of EMC storage arrays such as VNX, VMAX OR NetApp OnTAP
- Hands on VMware Skills with core products (ESXi, vSphere, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Understanding of various other infrastructure component functioning (firewalls, DNS, storage, clusters, load balancer, application and databases) is needed
- Experience and exposure of supporting 24/7/365 enterprise environment
- Good knowledge of scripting in at least one programming language (Python, Java, Powershell, VB etc.)
- Knowledge and a thought process of using analytics and automation to optimize and enhance IT services
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business and project needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with AWS and/ or Microsoft Azure and/ or Google Cloud Platform is added plus
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top