Principal, Network Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here…
The Principal Network Engineer will work in our GIS department and provide IT support to Ca employees. The right individual will be detailed-oriented with strong technical skills in networking disciplines. This individual will join our cross-functional Infrastructure team and have experience working with collaboration tools including multimedia, video and VOIP. In addition, the Senior Network Engineer will have a strong background Installing and maintaining all Enterprise Wide LAN/WAN data infrastructure appliances including routers, switches, firewall access devices, etc.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Contribute to the strategy, architecture, and design of the next generation solutions involving segmentation, network virtualization and automation.
- Work with business units to identify requirements (cost, functionality, performance), provide networking solutions and drive projects forward.
- Interacting with senior leadership to address critical issues, work with engineers, other internal teams and vendors for escalations on production issues.
- Overseeing effective resource planning and utilization within the team.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. An ideal background will include:
- Must have 10+ years of proven experience designing, deploying, and managing large-scale enterprise networks across a global footprint, with focus on performance optimization and scalability.
- Recommend network improvements, including cost/benefit analysis, to meet changing business requirements.
- Experience with enterprise data center architectures.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies/architectures including; SDN, SD-WAN, NFV, Spine – Leaf and network segmentation.
- CCNP Routing and Switching certifications are preferred.
- Serve as a member of the team that assists with the design, engineering, implementation, and maintenance of CA’s global network infrastructure.
- Sharp troubleshooting faculties, deductive reasoning, and careful attention to detail.
- Independent and self-directed work ethic when participating in a collaborative environment.
- Dedicated commitment to service availability and quality user experience.
- Working with various cloud vendors a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top