Principal Information Engineer (Technical Writer)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your Future Starts Here at CA Technologies in Vancouver.
As a Principal Information Engineer/Tech Writer, you will help create conceptual, task-based, and programming documentation for industry-leading API Management products. This position gives you the opportunity to work directly with products, APIs, SDKs, and services so that you can write tutorials and detailed API documentation for a highly technical audience.
CA Technologies delivers API management solutions that empower enterprises to connect developers, mobile devices, partners, and cloud services. These solutions, built on CA API Management, help organizations securely open their data and application functionality for use beyond the enterprise firewall, while maintaining the highest possible standards of security and IT performance.
You will partner with stakeholders, customers, and Agile teams to research, design, create, test, and deliver accurate, clear, and concise technical content. You will have the opportunity to monitor and respond to customers using a variety of mechanisms to address customer feedback and ensure that content meets their needs.
Besides quick grasp on technology, good writing skill is a must. Use of style guides, document templates, production checklists, and other standards for the project is essential.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit hthttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
You will be responsible for:
- Researching documentation requirements by reading engineering specs, working with Agile teams, using the product, and interviewing other team members
- Collecting, analyzing, and sharing data to improve customer experience by improving content quality
- Leveraging partnerships with other departments (such as Education, Marketing, Product Management) to understand and improve customer experience
- Following documentation process and style guide when writing the documentation
- Writing conceptual, task-based, and reference documentation that describes the functionality of the product, API, SDK, or service
- Creating documentation plans and estimate time required to complete the involved tasks
- Providing high quality of documentation
- Writing in clear and precise language for a global audience
How You'll Stand Out:
- 8-10+ years of technical writing experience, including at least 2-3 years in an enterprise software product organization with API writing experience
- Knowledge of APIs, SDKs, and basic coding principles
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Aptitude for quickly learning highly technical information
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, develop schedules, and deliver during critical time periods
- Ability to work well with other team members to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience writing for developer audience
- Good understanding of impact of work on the feature, product, and team
- Ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top