Principal, Field Marketing
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible to drive the planning, execution, and tracking of lead generation programs which reflect the company's brand strategies. Serve as a communication bridge between product marketing and sales. Hands on project or team leadership of Field Marketing Program teams.
- Lead and supervise Field Marketing Program Manager(s) to ensure their efforts fully support both sales and product marketing initiatives.
- Supply content expertise to the Regional Field Marketing managers around the development of actionable sales plans.
- Create national and regional account programs based on knowledge of marketing strategies and deep sales understanding.
- Conduit of information and knowledge flow between Sales and Product Marketing.
- Develop concepts and tailors brand content for national and regional programs.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing activities including sales promotions, client sales events, and new product introductions.
- Manage the development of effective sales tools for internal sales teams.
- Ensure the creation and updating of Internet/Intranet content where appropriate.
- Oversee the obtainment of lists and audience for each campaign.
Typical Role definition:
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company�s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Role:
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Prioritize work for the group.
- Plan lead generation to reflect brand strategies.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has 2-10 total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region(APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically manages a total budget of up to $10 million USD.
Business Travel and Physical demands:
Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.Physical demand:
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Marketing or a business discipline. MBA or global equivalent preferred.
Typically 7 or more years of technology marketing experience, or 2 or more years experience with marketing program management.
Skills & Competencies:
Strong marketing, project management, and communication skills. Strong understanding of technology marketplace. Ability to translate market needs into results-driven lead generation programs. Good negotiator and project manager. Strong team building skills; able to lead, direct an extended team.If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careersWe and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.EOE/Min/Women/Veterans/DisabledNearest Major Market: ManhattanNearest Secondary Market: New York City
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top