Principal Data Scientist
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As an engineering data scientist at CA Technologies, you will work with our product management, support, engineering, operations, user experience, and sales teams to to draw deep insights from usage and performance data emitted from our software as a service (SaaS)
platform. We'll use your discoveries to inform:
- Product feature usage and performance
- Correlations in the thousands of metrics we measure
- Performance regressions in software releases
- Performance and scalability opportunities
If you are passionate about data, insatiably curious, and a systems thinker, Agile Central's data-informed culture and rich data sets will make you excited to come to work each day.
What would I be doing?
- Collaborating with stakeholders spanning all aspects of our business, exploring and analyzing performance and usage metrics of SaaS services, using Python, R, Splunk and Spark, and explaining the results and insights to them.
- Running real-time and post event analysis of customer behavior.
- Writing data summarization queries in Spark against large data sets and then creating notebooks or apps to visualize the results, allowing product and sales leaders to track critical business data.
- Creating tools and methods for developers to better understand the usage and performance of their code.
- Performing real-time and over-time data analysis to find trends and actions.
- Detecting and alerting metric anomalies across multiple metric streams, in real-time.
- Working with the systems engineering team to maintain and improve the data ecosystem.
- Designing and coding algorithms to assist and automate data analysis.
What makes me a good fit?
- 5+ years of experience in a data analysis related role, including significant data analysis for a web-delivered product or system.
- Strong communication skills, spanning the continuum from working one on one with a product owner to understand their questions and explain the answers, to presenting to an audience of senior leaders.
- BS or MS in a engineering, economics, physical science or technology related field.
- Fluent in SQL, including complex queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with many of the following tools and technologies: Kafka, R/dpylr, Python/pandas, Jupyter notebooks, Shiny or Rmarkdown , Splunk, Apache Spark, Amazon web services, Docker, D3.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Python or R.. Proficiency in additional languages (scala, clojure, ruby, elm, java) is a plus.
- Experience with D3 or other visualization frameworks.
- Adept at visualizing complex data sets in new and creative ways, and explaining them to the curious.
- Experience working with medium to large data sets. Think tens of millions of rows per day and multi-terabyte data sets.
- Able to pull from and blend multiple data sources such as S3, postgres or other relational database.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Strong knowledge of statistical concepts and experience with developing predictive models.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with business intelligence and database knowledge.
- Able to perform sampling, clustering, and classification on large data sets.
What makes me an extra-good fit?
● Comfortable with the Unix command line and have experience writing shell scripts.
● Experience working in an agile environment.
● Experience with statistical and machine learning methods.
● Some knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing.
Here are a few reasons to work at CA Technologies
- Influence - You are encouraged and empowered to make things better. The team works for other developers and designers. While everyone has a voice in how to improve things, you see the bigger picture and help shape direction.
- Collaboration - Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than getting trapped in silos.
- Pace - Sustainable pace and making commitments drives us; racing to a deadline doesn't.
- Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging and speaking.
- Fun - We have multiple kegerators, in-office games, book clubs, and other fun activities.
- Location - With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, and an abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your
responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top