Principal Data Scientist
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Principle Data Scientist:
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments--from mainframe and physical, to virtual and cloud. CA manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported revenue of about $4 billion in fiscal year 2016.
About this role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies' charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Keeping a pulse on data analytics trends to figure out how CA can tap into these trends to execute on multiple projects
- Understanding CA's business constraints to ensure that data analytics strategy proposed in the projects fit with the overall direction of the products and is executable.
- Communicating with scientists as well as engineers.
- Helping interpret project results to sales / product management as well as customers.
- Bringing about significant innovation and solving complex problems in projects based on analytics
- Performing unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fixing bugs, adding enhancements, and converting software to other platforms.
- Assisting quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborating with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participating in reviews.
- Evaluating impact of software performance, and recommending changes to software design team.
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Providing product content to technical writers.
- Assisting in strategic research and design as directed.
- Setting up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Providing input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Developing plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- May have indirect reports and manage a small project team.
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Mentoring, training, developing and serving as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers and Data professionals.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for leadership, software development and innovation. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 7 or more years of experience executing on projects as a lead and 10 or more years of analytic computing experience.
- In depth knowledge of data science principles and practices
- Strong experience leading projects, managing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris) and database platforms (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Strong experience working within a Scrum team/Agile environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Computer Science and Software Engineering
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top